GLUE TILES/BEADS ONTO LETTER
1. Arrange tiles/beads on the surface of the letter (mosaic base).
2. Open container of Aileen’s Tacky Glue, cut tip of dispenser cap off. Glue tiles in place. Make sure tiles do not hang over the edges of your letter. Use enough glue to hold tiles in place, a small pea size amount of glue should do the trick. Use toothpick to remove excess glue.
3. Allow glue to dry.
GROUT YOUR MOSAIC
4. Fill a bin or bowl with a quart of water to use when you grout.This will be your rinse water. Drop the pop up sponge in the bin of water.
5. Open the grout container and add the suggested amount of water. Use the clean end of the wood stick to stir. The grout should be moist, like peanut butter, moist enough to spread without crumbling. If grout needs more water, add a drop of two at a time until it is moist and thick.
*RINSE GROUT OFF YOUR HANDS IN THE BIN OR BOWL OF WATER. DO NOT POUR THE GROUT WATER DOWN THE DRAIN. DUMP OUTDOORS ON THE GRASS OR SOIL WHEN YOU CLEAN UP.
6. Load grout on top of the tiles and smear to fill in all gaps between tiles and along the edges of your letter.
7. Skim excess grout off of the mosaic by moving your index finger across the tiled surface. You should be able to feel and see the tiles. Place excess grout back into mixing container.
8. Use the mix stick to empty excess grout into the garbage and throw away container or rinse container out in bin of water to recycle.
9. Allow grout to firm up for 15 minutes.
10. When the grout has firmed up a bit, clean the surface of your mosaic with a damp, but dripping wet, sponge. The idea is to clear away the grout without adding more water to it! After you wipe away the grout, the tiles may look a little dusty. Wait an hour or more, then wipe dust away with your finger or a dry towel.